Great Southern Regional Investment Blueprint
The Great Southern Regional Investment Blueprint was launched in October 2015, after more than two years of research, consultation and development. The Blueprint sets strategic directions for the future development of the Great Southern out to 2040.
It identifies seven project areas that stand out as the key to a strong and bright future for the region:
- Growing Value: Premium food production and value adding
- Access to Energy: Providing regional energy security
- Water for Growth: Providing water security
- Avenues to Opportunity: Transport and industry hubs connecting to markets
- Connected Great Southern: Networks and skills for the digital age
- Destination of Natural Choice: Enhancing iconic and creative tourism in a unique region
- Strong Communities: Develop community cohesion and amenity
Priority projects from the Great Southern Regional Investment Blueprint are already under way in the region, including projects valued at more than $80 million, supported by about $50 million in Royalties for Regions funding.